Thursday, February 4, 2010

Back to Basics

Just writing with some gangsta luv..lol


I've been online for a while now, trying to deal with a lot of things happening around me....processing, digesting and outputting... I bet it's a real big world out here, although everything looks a little bit smaller on my monitor and I just can't imagine how close everything that happens here gets.


Blogging for me hasn't been blogging in the real sense of it; it's been more of a personal thing rather than sharing as the thing dey go in the real world of blogging that I have been experiencing on right, left and center. I feel the need for my blogging experience to be a little bit about sharing, I guess that gives me more to write and even more to share... which brings me to what I am about to share... it's about the streets and the laws that governs it. The game hasn't changed much since I’ve been around, and it's been pretty much the same since I left out, but now is the right time for me to get back my street rep... and valuation, too many new kids on the block and they really need to know...


It's pretty much not a gangsta thing, it more about identifying with the people in my hood, the men on the streets, the brothers in the background that pretty much watch things happen while I make things happen. They are sure dangerous but not without responsibility, they are quite not the normal people you deal with daily, but they are pretty much a part of the ecosystem, and a very important part of it being that they provide unskilled and semi-skilled labour, provide potential protection and although they exhibit danger on their own, they pretty much keep danger of the line of everyday living. They are brotherly but not the kinda brothers you personalize, friendly but never with a smile and they come in handy pretty much in times of need.


I lost touch with this brothers pretty much while i was away learning more about the way things her (status quo) so that I won’t end up being a slave or a part of it. I lost much or my relationship with the streets and the oils in its wheels while away in pursuit of academic excellence, all in the process of becoming better than the best. While i was away, the rules remained pretty much the same but rulers changed, power changed hands and the new leadership is made up pretty much of the young guns who were still learning the ways of the streets, and still quite irrelevant while I was around back then, but now, they grown up, learned new skills and outgunned their ex's and are now at the helms of affairs. Not that the leaders of then are down and out, they are still their in the background, they influence the streets but they pretty much watch things happen. They are there and they are still my connect... my skills and experience will help pretty much in bridging the gap.


You can't be as rich and famous as I am and walk pretty much in the shadows, I am more like a burning lamp, my place is not underneath, I am high above and I can’t go around without knowing and living with the streets. They can't survive without me, knowing them now is like giving the streets honour and value, with real love

No comments: